Tomorrow is the start of National Obesity Awareness Week. Whether you have 1lb to lose, 1 stone or perhaps a little more, let this be the week that you make one healthy change to help you reach your goal.
Here are some easy changes to make:
1. Swap one of your chocolate bar snacks for a piece of fruit
2. At lunchtime, go for a 20 minute brisk walk
3. Keep your carbohydrate portion of your meal (grains, potatoes, bread, pasta) to no more than a quarter of your plate
4. Fill up your plate with lots of different coloured vegetables. The fibre they contain can help with satiety, that lovely feeling of fullness.
5. Get a good night's sleep. Research suggests that people who get less than 7 hours sleep, eat more food in a 24 hour period than those who get 7-9 hours sleep
Once you have got one change established, aim to bring in another.
For a personalised approach, please see details of my Personalised Weight Loss Programme here